On our January porch, hands
open to starshine, we are pierced
by Polaris. It's a stigmata I feel
as my right palm presses
your right palm, fingers laced.
It's a burning, a covenant. Later
in our bedroom, some shine
on your shoulder where I touch
as you drift into your own night
sky. We have been pierced
by starpoints, filled with light.
We sail on it, I your compass, true
North, and you my lantern
and flame, tower and beam.
I wrote this for him in 2010.
So what am I looking ahead to for 2012? Here's a quick tenner:
1. reducing, reusing, recycling with a verve!
2. getting the laundry room finished (we are some trim and a step and a door from done) and make the pantry a reality (paint, shelves, organize and move pots and pans to that space)
3. finishing my novel
4. finding a home for my manuscripts (The Boyfriend Project and Psalms From the Commons)
5. embarking on the Wilbur study and reading/writing on it every day
6. becoming more physically fit
7. going to the beach at least 10 times this summer
8. the annual reorganization of my book shelves
9. writing physical letters to my grandkids
10. calling far away friends once a week (pick a friend, call)
I think this is a reasonable list. Most things on it rely upon my ability to stay on target. #4 is a matter of send out and pray.
#2 is not exactly up to me. The pantry part has some jobs for me, but the laundry room not so much. I have curtains to do out there, but depend on Domenic to finish the rest.
I would add a reading component to the list as there are a few books here which are as yet untouched or partially read. So if I had #11, it would be to read them.
I guess #12 might be something about being a better blogger. Oh yes, I am doing ok in this regard, but not daily which was my original plan. Will try to do better.
And on that note, as my tea is nearly done, I will depart to the real world and begin the winding down and winding up that is New Year's Eve.
Blessings to all of you. Bring a friend or more to the blog!