Auld Lang Syne

Saturday, April 30, 2011

the anti-love

I think it balanced to contrast love with its opposite (which is, by the way, NOT hate). As I do the Boyfriend Project poems, an occasional negative creeps back to tap me on the head. So I have written a few poems about the darker side of love. I'll see where this goes. When I was still in grad school, I wrote one poem that came from a simple statement from a friend. It lit up my mind, but not as she said it... as I heard it. I went right to work on a comparison poem, one about my ex-husband and my husband. I called it A Tale of Two Husbands. What bit of conversation with my friend sparked the poem? "And there is..." Funny how something so small can grow into something that is art.

I am happy to have the opportunity to write, inspired by the darnedest little things.

What are YOU finding as inspiration?

Let's chat about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment