Auld Lang Syne

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sleeping with the windows open at long last

Well, there it is, an open-window night. It felt so fresh to have the air blowing in off the sea as I dreamt of sand and suntan oil and the other pleasures of summer. I have a cologne that smells like the beachy time of my life. It is (aptly) called "Beach."

Busy day today at the author co-op. And my hubby is being a good grandfather by going to pick up our grandson who just finished off his first year of college. Whew. He is a great guy (well both of them). Sunshine streaming through the stained glass in the bathroom makes the whole day seem holy.

Will I get to write today? Probably not, but will tuck a notebook into my bag just in case I get an itch to begin something new. It's great to be a writer....never a time when one can claim boredom. I once had the HORRID experience of being "out and about" with no paper. I felt like I was missing an arm... had to write in the margins of a newspaper. SO now, I go prepared wherever and whenever.

Off to the co-op. Hanging out with authors is a treasure.

Worked a bit on my latest project last night after hubby was in bed. I think I can say this is (so far) the most interesting project. I have an interest in what the "boyfriends" will think of these poems, whether in some cases they will recognize themselves in the poems that do not get specific. Curios. Very.

No comments:

Post a Comment