Auld Lang Syne

Thursday, May 5, 2011

my passport and other means of identification

Today I renew my passport. I hate having my picture taken as I somehow hardly recognize myself. It's like listening to yourself on tape... who the hell IS that person?

I wish we could find a way to identify ourselves other thing than by means of passports or drivers' licenses. Can there be some kind of artsy way? How about presenting our poems at checkpoints in the airport, at borders? My Uncle Bobby does a very subversive thing when he is asked for his "card" in a restaurant: he will put his blood donor card in the folder with the bill. Always a laugh of confusion on the part of the waiter or waitress. But he has a point.

Well, this is a silly enough topic to start off today. Maybe later I will have more brain cells working together.

Ciaio

No comments:

Post a Comment